OnSite has years of experience using the underground technique of pipe jacking to install pipelines, culverts and cuts. Our powerful hydraulic jacks push well designed pipes through the ground behind a shield. Whilst the pipe is pushed through the earth; excavation takes place within the shield.
Pipe sizes range from 900mm up to 1800mm diameter.
Benefits of pipe jacking
- Ideal for shallow installations under roads and railway lines
- Horizontal technique of trenchless technology
- Spoil removed from the hole via a conveyer belt
- Can drill larger diameters than microtunnelling
- Less resources needed compared to open cut
- Smaller cost and quicker completion time
- Public interference reduced